How We Grant Wishes
We grant small wishes to seniors in long-term care. It's that simple. We want to end the cycle of nursing home residents choosing between phone service and haircuts.
We have fulfilled over 8000 wishes across America since we began. We have even fulfilled wishes as far away as Gander, Newfoundland!
Three Wishes youth finds out what nursing home residents need/what makes them happy, and we make it happen. We are using essential staff to obtain residents' wish lists during the Covid19 crisis and have stepped up our efforts more than ever! Not only have we continued to fulfill wishes, we have fulfilled over 4000 wishes just in the last 4 months! It's the little things that bring joy. We are constantly asked for small items like a fluffy blanket, new shoes, cat food, comfortable pillows, new clothes, peanut butter, strawberries, books.... We find ways to do bigger things, too like TVs, older model iPads and complete room remodels. We visit, listen and respond to their needs. We make their life sweet again.
We are changing lives and we want to teach others to do this across the globe. Like Ruby says, "Kindness is my hobby" and it can be yours, too.
What else do we do?
- Come visit our Three Wishes Community Center! Our center has beautiful murals and art. You can fulfill a wish from our "Window of Wishes" or visit our Elvis, the friendliest in Arkansas and take a tour. Our center teaches lost vintage skills and hosts free birthday parties for children and is staffed by senior volunteers
- If you ever travel to the Ozarks of Arkansas, please stop by 102 W Stephenson to "Mark My Heart". We have a canvas heart of visitor's fingerprints. It's stunning, colorful and we add the ages of everyone who participates! The last one Ruby made was over 12,000 years old!
- Senior Penpal Project
- The Three Wishes Project for schools, youth groups and churches
- National Postcards of Kindness
- National Wish Project for nursing home residents
- Pet food pantry for seniors
- Three Wishes for Whiskers- a way to place senior cats in nursing homes!
- Mobile Library Cart
- Ipad kiosks in nursing homes to increase socialization and meaningful connections
- Speaking events- our Kid Board speaks to geriatric leaders and youth across the US