How We Grant Wishes
We grant small wishes. It's that simple. We want to end the cycle of nursing home residents choosing between phone service and haircuts.
We have fulfilled over 3000 wishes across America since we began.
Three Wishes finds out what nursing home residents need/what makes them happy, and we make it happen. It's the little things that bring joy. We are constantly asked for small items like a fluffy blanket, cat food, comfortable pillows, new clothes, peanut butter, strawberries, books.... We find ways to do bigger things, too like TVs, older model iPads and complete room remodels. We visit, listen and respond to their needs. We make their life sweet again.
We are changing lives and we want to teach others to do this across the globe. Like Ruby says, "Kindness is my hobby" and it can be yours, too.
What else do we do?
- We built an incredible community center in Arkansas to connect the generations like no one else. Our center teaches lost vintage skills and hosts free birthday parties for children and is staffed by senior volunteers
- We have implemented numerous national projects such as Projects like Senior Penpal, The Three Wishes Project, National Postcards of Kindness, Kid Connect TV videos and our popular National Wish Project.
- We created a giant pet food pantry for seniors struggling to feed their pets.
- We sponsor senior cat adoptions for nursing homes. We match senior cats with senior residents!!
- We build libraries for nursing home seniors to provide them with quality reading material. Our Kid President, Oliver, age 10, has collected over a 1000 books for seniors.
- We provide Ipad kiosks to increase socialization and meaningful connections
- Our youth activists speak nationally to raise awareness for our cause and teach other kids to do the Three Wishes Project in their own communities.
Soon we will be launching a "Kid Hero" of the month program and we will help a youth fundraise and complete a large scale Three Wishes Project in their own communities.